Father Antony Varghese, CFIC and staff welcome you!
St. Elizabeth parish is a welcoming family of faith "Risen in Christ's love". We gather in worship to God; provide knowledge and sacraments for spiritual growth; serve the needs of others; and share the Good News for the glory of God!
Friends, another email scam has arisen. You may receive an email supposedly from Fr. Antony, asking you to respond to him as soon as possible. IT IS A SCAM. Do not respond to this email, and delete it. The Diocese is aware and is working on solving the problem.
Statements on the Death of George Floyd
Father Antony encourages you to download the iBreviary App to your smartphone. You will find many helpful prayers and other devotions. Click the link below to learn more!
Reopening at St. Elizabeth
We eagerly await gathering as a community once again the weekend of May 30/31! Below are a few photos of how things will be different. Click here to view the entire document.
Watch Our Live Stream Masses
Online Giving and Parish Support
Click on the icon above which will redirect you to our secure site to make a one-time payment amount or reoccurring amount. Please follow the directions and register accordingly. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact the parish office.
Other ways to support St. Elizabeth Parish:
Amazon Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/31-0733310 A portion of your purchase will be sent to us.
Gordon Food Service Store: mention St. Elizabeth Church at check out, and a portion of your purchase will be sent to us.
Shaklee Nutritional Suppliments: Contact our coordinator, Amy Cotter at 614-307-5451, to get your free Healthprint Survey. Click here to visit the website. Get healthy and raise funds for St. Elizabeth Church!
Friday 9 am to 2 pm. Please call or email before you visit the office.
(614) 891-0150 - office phone
(614) 891-0150 x110 - St. Vincent de Paul hotline
(614) 882-1782 - rectory phone (for spiritual emergencies ONLY after hours, not for St. Vincent de Paul calls.)
Sacrament of Confession Information
Important information for you as we re-instate the Sacrament of Confession: to receive this sacrament, please call or email the parish office to ask for an appointment. Each appointment is 5 minutes, and will be face-to-face in Pastors' Hall. Schedule: Thursdays 3-5 pm, Fridays 5-6 pm, and Saturday 3-4 pm.
Monday- No Mass
Tuesday- 6:00 pm
Wednesday- 8:30 am
Thursday- 8:30 am
Friday- 8:30 am
Saturday- 5:30 pm
Sunday- 9:00 am & 11:00 am
CONFESSIONS: By appointment ONLY. Call the office for more information.
Diocese / Parish Communication
- Father Antony Varghese, CFIC, Parish Administrator
- Father Jesse Chick, CFIC, In Residence
- Father Sudhakar Reddy, CFIC, In Residence
- Rev. Mr. Dean Racine, Deacon
- Ginny Mack, Director of Religious Education
- Greg Januszewski, Book Keeper
- Rich Krehnovi, Director of Music
- Bob Brandenstein, Maintenance
- Lisa Broberg, Maintenance
- Toni Ventresca, St. Vincent de Paul Conference President
- Lauren Jazwiec, Parish Secretary
Daily and Sunday Masses at St. Elizabeth Parish are being live-streamed at their usual times:
Daily Masses - Tuesday at 6:00 pm, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at 8:30 am.
Sunday Masses - Saturday at 5:30 pm, Sunday at 9:00 and 11:00 am.
To view a Mass, you can go to https://www.facebook.com/St.Elizabeth.Church.Columbus. Click the "Video" page link, and then click on the word "Videos". Several videos will load - simply click on the one you want to view.
You do not need to have a Facebook account to view Masses. You can use this link on your device: https://www.facebook.com/pg/St.Elizabeth.Chuch.Columbus/videos/?ref=page_internal
If you are unable to receive the Precious Body and Blood of Christ in person, we ask that you make an Act of Spiritual Communion by reciting the following after the priest receives communion:
"My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love you above all things, and I desire to receive you into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unity myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You."
Readings for the week of May 31, 2020
- Sunday: Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 or Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b or Ez 37:1-14 or Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 [cf. 30] / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39. Extended Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 / Ps 33:10-11, 12-13, 14-15 / Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b / Dn 3:52, 53, 55, 56 [52b] or Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 11 / Ez 37:1-14 / Ps 107:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9  / Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 [cf. 30] / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39. Day: Acts 2:1-11 / Ps 104:1, 24, 29-30, 31, 34 [cf. 30] / 1 Cor 12:3b-7, 12-13 / Jn 20:19-23
- Monday: Gn 3:9-15, 20 or Acts 1:12-14 / Ps 87:1-2, 3 and 5, 6-7 / Jn 19:25-34
- Tuesday: 2 Pt 3:12-15a, 17-18 / Ps 90:2, 3-4, 10, 14 and 16  / Mk 12:13-17
- Wednesday: 2 Tm 1:1-3, 6-12 / Ps 123:1b-2ab, 2cdef [1b] / Mk 12:18-27
- Thursday: 2 Tm 2:8-15 / Ps 4-5ab, 8-9, 10 and 14  / Mk 12:28-34
- Friday: 2 Tm 3:10-17 / Ps 119:157, 160, 161, 165, 166, 168 [165a] / Mk 12:35-37
- Saturday: 2 Tm 4:1-8 / Ps 71:8-9, 14-15ab, 16-17, 22 [cf. 15ab] / Mk 12:38-44
- Next Sunday: Ex 34:4b-6, 8-9 / Dn 3:52, 53, 54, 55, 56 [52b] / 2 Cor 13:11-13 / Jn 3:16-18