Welcome Back Parishioners!
We have been open since the weekend of May 29th. Masses are being celebrated as per our usual schedule, and every Mass is live-streamed on Facebook. Please see below for the new guidelines on attending Mass in person.
St. Elizabeth Parish is a welcoming family of faith risen in Christ's love. We gather in worship to God; provide knowledge and sacraments for spiritual growth; serve the needs of others; and share the Good News for the glory of God!
(614) 891-0150 - office phone
(614) 891-0150 x110 - St. Vincent de Paul hotline
(614) 882-1782 - rectory phone (for spiritual emergencies ONLY after hours, not for St. Vincent de Paul calls.)
Contact us: secretar[email protected]
Monday- No Mass
Tuesday- 6:00 pm
Wednesday- 8:30 am
Thursday- 8:30 am
Friday- 8:30 am
Saturday- 5:30 pm
Sunday- 9:00 am & 11:00 am
CONFESSIONS: By appointment ONLY. Call the office for more information.
The Catholic Foundation
St. Elizabeth Parish has been blessed with funding from our endowment (s) stewarded by The Catholic Foundation. By God's varied grace we honor the many donors, whose charitable love for our faith and others is fulfilling the mission of our ministry through The Catholic Foundation. For more information on ways on how you can help build our endowments, please visit www.catholic-foundation.org or call Scott Hartman at 614-443-8893.
Reopening at St. Elizabeth
We are happy to be open once again! Click here to view re-opening document.
Online Giving and Parish Support
Click on the icon above which will redirect you to our secure site to make a one-time payment amount or reoccurring amount. Please follow the directions and register accordingly. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact the parish office.
Other ways to support St. Elizabeth Parish:
Amazon Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/31-0733310 A portion of your purchase will be sent to us.
Gordon Food Service Store: mention St. Elizabeth Church at check out, and a portion of your purchase will be sent to us.
Shaklee Nutritional Suppliments: Contact our coordinator, Amy Cotter at 614-307-5451, to get your free Healthprint Survey. Click here to visit the website. Get healthy and raise funds for St. Elizabeth Church!
Welcome! It is time to start thinking about our Children's Faith Formation program (PREP) here at St. Elizabeth. This has certainly been a strange year, but we would like to plan for the coming year and ways we can support you in your promise to raise your child in the faith.
We ask that you fill this out and either drop it off at the office or send it to [email protected] We are in the planning stages of how we will accomplish this come Fall, depending on what happens in Ohio with COVID-19 but will keep you apprised. Please fill out your form and return it with payment no later than August 1, 2020. Thank you and know we are looking forward to working with our families!
Sacrament of Confession Information
Important information for you as we re-instate the Sacrament of Confession: to receive this sacrament, please call or email the parish office to ask for an appointment. Each appointment is 5 minutes, and will be face-to-face in Pastors' Hall. Schedule: Thursdays 3-5 pm, Fridays 5-6 pm, and Saturday 3-4 pm.
Father Antony encourages you to download the iBreviary App to your smartphone. You will find many helpful prayers and other devotions. Click the link below to learn more!
Diocese / Parish Communication
- Father Antony Varghese, CFIC, Parish Administrator
- Father Jesse Chick, CFIC, In Residence
- Father Sudhakar Reddy, CFIC, In Residence
- Rev. Mr. Dean Racine, Deacon
- Ginny Mack, Director of Religious Education
- Greg Januszewski, Book Keeper
- Rich Krehnovi, Director of Music
- Bob Brandenstein, Maintenance
- Lisa Broberg, Maintenance
- Toni Ventresca, St. Vincent de Paul Conference President
- Lauren Jazwiec, Parish Secretary
Daily and Sunday Masses at St. Elizabeth Parish are being live-streamed at their usual times:
Daily Masses - Tuesday at 6:00 pm, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at 8:30 am.
Sunday Masses - Saturday at 5:30 pm, Sunday at 9:00 and 11:00 am.
To view a Mass, you can go to https://www.facebook.com/St.Elizabeth.Church.Columbus. Click the "Video" page link, and then click on the word "Videos". Several videos will load - simply click on the one you want to view.
You do not need to have a Facebook account to view Masses. You can use this link on your device: https://www.facebook.com/pg/St.Elizabeth.Chuch.Columbus/videos/?ref=page_internal
If you are unable to receive the Precious Body and Blood of Christ in person, we ask that you make an Act of Spiritual Communion by reciting the following after the priest receives communion:
"My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love you above all things, and I desire to receive you into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unity myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You."
Readings for the week of July 12, 2020
- Sunday: Is 55:10-11 / Ps 65:10, 11, 12-13, 14 [Lk 8:8] / Rom 8:18-23 / Mt 13:1-23 or 13:1-9
- Monday: Is 1:10-17 / Ps 50:8-9, 16bc-17, 21 and 23 [23b] / Mt 10:34—11:1
- Tuesday: Is 7:1-9 / Ps 48:2-3a, 3b-4, 5-6, 7-8 [cf. 9d] / Mt 11:20-24
- Wednesday: Is 10:5-7, 13b-16 / Ps 94:5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 14-15 [14a] / Mt 11:25-27
- Thursday: Is 26:7-9, 12, 16-19 / Ps 102:13-14ab and 15, 16-18, 19-21 [20b] / Mt 11:28-30
- Friday: Is 38:1-6, 21-22, 7-8 / Is 38:10, 11, 12abcd, 16 [cf. 17b] / Mt 12:1-8
- Saturday: Mi 2:1-5 / Ps 10:1-2, 3-4, 7-8, 14 [12b] / Mt 12:14-21
- Next Sunday: Wis 12:13, 16-19 / Ps 86:5-6, 9-10, 15-16 [5a] / Rom 8:26-27 / Mt 13:24-43 or 13:24-30