Father Antony Varghese and staff welcome you!
St. Elizabeth parish is a welcoming family of faith "Risen in Christ's love". We gather in worship to God; provide knowledge and sacraments for spiritual growth; serve the needs of others; and share the Good News for the glory of God!
Friday: 9 am to 2 pm
(614) 891-0150 - office phone
(614) 882-1782 - rectory phone (after hours)
(614) 891-0150 x110 - St. Vincent de Paul hotline
Monday- No Mass
Tuesday- 6:00 pm
Wednesday- 8:30 am
(Wednesdays during Lent at 6:00 pm)
Thursday- 8:30 am
Friday- 8:30 am
Saturday- 5:30 pm
Sunday- 9:00 am & 11:00 am
CONFESSIONS: Saturdays 4:45 pm, or by appointment.
Tuesdays, 5 pm
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
First Wednesdays, 7 pm
Devotion to The Blessed Virgin Mary, followed by Mass.
First Saturdays, 7:30 pm
Mass (in Tagalog) for the Filipino Community
Third Sunday, 1:00 pm
- Father Antony Varghese, Parish Administrator
- Father Jesse Chick, CFIC, In Residence
- Father Sudhakar Reddy, CFIC, In Residence
- Rev. Mr. Dean Racine, Deacon
- Dave Gruber, Director of Religious Education
- Greg Januszewski, Book Keeper
- Rich Krehnovi, Director of Music
- Bob Brandenstein, Maintenance
- Lisa Broberg, Maintenance
- Toni Ventresca, St. Vincent de Paul Conference President
- Lauren Jazwiec, Parish Secretary
Parish Pastoral Council
We welcome our newest Parish Council Members: Kim Endres, Elizabeth Effah, and Leomon Kome! We are looking forward to a productive year!
Our Parish Pastoral Council meets the third Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm. If you would like to read the past minutes, agendas and our constitution, please click the links below. For questions, comments, or suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Parish Ministry Charters - Explained
In January, Fr. Ramon finalized and signed off on two Parish Charters that establish the foundation for how Ministries and Committees of St. Elizabeth Parish will operate. The first two charters are linked below, along with a series of Questions & Answers as to why we now have these Charters:
Click the following links for more information:
Click here and you will be taken to the Columbus Diocese website. You will be able to view the letter from Bishop Campbell, as well as the list of names of those priests credibly accused of abuse from our diocese.
Click here to read the letter composed by Deacon Dean regarding this matter. You will also find it within the bulletin distributed the weekend of March 9 and 10.
Bishop Brennan's Statement
We are deeply saddened by the sequence of bombings that took the lives of hundreds in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday. It is especially disheartening that many of these attacks were coordinated against Catholic churches during the holiest day of our faith, the day we all celebrate Jesus' victory over death and his everlasting sacrifice for us. We offer our prayers to those who have died, their loved ones, and friends; we also pray that those who work to aid and assist those affected by these events remain safe.
In the face of this tragedy, especially during this Easter Season, it is important to remember that Christ is truly alive - always among us, encouraging us to follow his teachings, to find a higher path. At Easter Mass, we were asked to reject Satan and his power over us and learned Jesus' life and resurrection proves death is not he final answer, that His truth is stronger than the powers of darkness. We all pray that Jesus' message of eternal life, joy, and hope will sway and redeem those who embrace the inherent evil of these acts.
Online Giving and Parish Support
Click on the icon above which will redirect you to our secure site to make a one-time payment amount or reoccurring amount. Please follow the directions and register accordingly. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact the parish office.
Other ways to support St. Elizabeth Parish:
Amazon Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/31-0733310 A portion of your purchase will be sent to us.
Gordon Food Service Store: mention St. Elizabeth Church at check out, and a portion of your purchase will be sent to us.
Shaklee Nutritional Suppliments: Contact our coordinator, Amy Cotter at 614-901-0585, to get your free Healthprint Survey. Get healthy and raise funds for St. Elizabeth Church!
Check Us Out!
MESSAGE FROM THE DIOCESE:
During the past few months there were a series of phony e-mails being sent to unsuspecting persons (clergy, teachers, parishioners, others) from alleged priests of the Diocese - including a phony one from Bishop Campbell - requesting funds to purchase iTune and other gift cards for alleged charitable and pastoral reasons.
Now there is a new scam - using text messages to convey similar requests.
Please alert people (staffs, parishioners, students, other potentially impacted groups of persons) that if they receive any kind of communication/solicitation they should contact the individual at their parish office, school, or other "real" telephone number to verify the authenticity of the solicitation or, at least to notify the person that a scam is underway using their identity.
Very Rev. Michael J. Lumpe, Vicar for Priests, Diocese of Columbus
Readings for the week of May 26, 2019
- Sunday: Acts 15:1-2, 22-29 / Ps 67:2-3, 5, 6, 8  / Rv 21:10-14, 22-23 / Jn 14:23-29
- Monday: Acts 16:11-15 / Ps 149:1b-2, 3-4, 5-6a and 9b [cf. 4a] / Jn 15:26--16:4a
- Tuesday: Acts 16:22-34 / Ps 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8 [7c] / Jn 16:5-11
- Wednesday: Acts 17:15, 22--18:1 / Ps 148:1-2, 11-12, 13, 14 / Jn 16:12-15
- Thursday: Acts 18:1-8 / Ps 98:1, 2-3cd-4 [cf. 2b] / Jn 16:16-20
- Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 or Heb 9:24-28; 10:19-23 / Lk 24:46-53
- Friday: Zep 3:14-18a or Rom 12:9-16 / Is 12:2-3, 4bcd, 5-6  / Lk 1:39-56
- Saturday: Acts 18:23-28 / Ps 47:2-3, 8-9, 10 [8a] / Jn 16:23b-28
- Next Sunday: Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 or Heb 9:24-28; 10:19-23 / Lk 24:46-53
- 7th Sunday of Easter: Acts 7:55-60 / Ps 97:1-2, 6-7, 9 [1a, 9a] / Rv 22:12-14, 16-17, 20 / Jn 17:20-26