Parish Ministry Programs
Weekend Mass Ministry
Mass Times: Sat 5:30 pm, Sun 9 am, Sun 11 am
- Altar Server (4th grade through Adult) Assists the Celebrant during Masses.
- Lector - Proclaims the readings during Mass.
- Greeter – Welcomes the congregation, takes up the collection, and distributes bulletins.
- Eucharistic Minister - Distributes the Body and Blood of Christ and assists with vessels after Mass.
- Homebound Ministry - Brings the Eucharist to homebound parishioners on a rotating schedule.
- Children’s Liturgy – Shares the Sunday Mass readings with children, either Sat 5:30 pm, Sun 9 am, or Sun 11 am.
- Music Ministry
- Mass Cantor
- 5:30 Guitar Group
- 9 am Choir/Instrumentalist
- 11 am Choir/Instrumentalist
- Funeral Choir
- Children’s Choir
- Slide Operators
- Visitor Greeter – Attends Mass and meets with visitors after the Mass to answer questions about the Parish.
- Leader of the Rosary – Leads the Rosary before Mass during specific months.
- Altar Linens – Launders the altar linens according to specific instructions.
- Baptismal Bibs – Makes white bibs for Baptisms.
- Environment Committee – Works on Liturgical décor.
- Collection Counter – Serves on team to count the Sunday Collections on a rotating basis.
- Catechist - Brings the presence of Christ to weekly K-8 gatherings on Sunday mornings by sharing faith and the teachings of the Church. Catechist support and instructional materials are provided by the parish. Completion of Protecting God’s Children program (offered through the parish) is required.
- Catechist Aide - Assists and works with the catechist on a weekly basis during Sunday morning gatherings. Completion of Protecting God’s Children program is required.
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) - RCIA is a process that introduces inquirers to the Catholic faith and culminates in their full initiation at the Easter vigil. Adult parishioners assist the RCIA team as companions and sponsors walking with the inquirers as they journey toward a deeper faith.
- Ministry to the Sick - Conducts a prayer service with the residents at Westwood Senior Living, (formerly Friendship Village) on a rotating basis.
- Social Justice (BREAD) – Supports and participates in the B.R.E.A.D (Building Responsibility, Equality and Dignity) organization.
- Funeral Luncheons – Offers assistance by serving funeral luncheons, baking, and emotional support.
- Cooking / Baking – Bakes desserts for church functions.
- Special Event Hospitality – Assists as needed with Special Events as requested by Father. (1 or 2/yr.)
- Providing a Meal - Prepares a meal for a family in crisis.
- Donut Sunday - Assists the Knights of Columbus at this monthly event.
- Festival Committee & Rummage Sale - Assists with the annual Festival, Rummage Sale, and similar events.
- Fish Fry - Assists at the Lenten dinners.
- Spaghetti Dinner – Assists with preparation, serving and clean up at the annual event.
- Super Bowl Pizza and Sub Sale - Assists with sale, preparation, and distribution at this annual event.
St. Elizabeth Organizations
- Knights of Columbus, Council 11193 - A Catholic, fraternal service organization dedicated to the religious, educational, recreational, and social welfare of the parish community. The Knights stand ready to assist the pastor in performing any task requested on a purely volunteer basis. The four degrees of Knighthood are: Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. The Knights provide scholarships for students in grades K-8 enrolled in Catholic Schools, provide Veterans’ Assistance, collect for vocations and the mentally challenged, as well as sponsor the annual breakfast with Santa, Easter Egg Hunt, and Donut Sundays.
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul - The mission is to assist the poor and underprivileged. The members also prepare, organize and maintain the St. Elizabeth emergency food pantry as well as prepare and deliver sandwiches to St. Lawrence Haven.
- Social Seniors Group - Anyone who may wish to meet socially on a monthly basis is encouraged to join! Many outings are planned.
- Charismatic Prayer Group - Meets Wednesday evenings.